Carmen's Reviews > . . . and His Lovely Wife: A Memoir from the Woman Beside the Man

. . . and His Lovely Wife by Connie Schultz

Nov 19, 2010

bookshelves: memior, politics
Read in August, 2007

I was reminded about Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown this spring while watching an episode of Glee. Glee villain Sue Sylvester announced she was running for a US House seat for Ohio, and my first thought was, “whew, I’m glad she’s not running for Senate. I love Sherrod Brown.”

My love for Sherrod stemmed from a 2007 memoir by his wife, and Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Connie Schultz. She tells tales from the campaign trail including young staffers dictating her schedule and being introduced at a function as “Sherrod Brown…and his lovely wife” – no name included.

Schultz wrote for The Plain Dealer and her accomplishments include several articles advocating for women’s health care including this one on the Stupak Amendment back in ‘09.

…And His Lovely Wife is a delightful read and I recommend it for political and/or campaign junkies.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read . . . and His Lovely Wife.