Andrea's Reviews > The Choice

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Jan 23, 08

bookshelves: chick-lit, drama, 2008
Recommended for: romance lovers, people who need hope, anyone looking for a good fast read
Read in January, 2008

1/21/08 Have a hard time getting into the characters in all of these books. Need to gradually get into them instead of intersecting everyone at a certain point in life and going from there letting the reader pick up on things that should have been known from the get-go. Looks like a love story if I ever saw one. Then again, I don't know where the tragedy will come in this book. Sparks always makes a good cry at the end.
1/22/08 Finished this book. Couldn't help myself. The book follows a man and his neighbor. The man sees his friends and their families and knows that he wants that someday. The neighbor has a boyfriend who hasn't proposed yet. Through a bunch of circumstances, they come face to face with the fact that love is real and overpowering and can change the course of a person's life. The ending was unexpected for a Sparks book and I was happy that I read it in such a short time. I have a renewed hope but a renewed sense of the frailty of life after this book.
Started 1/21/08
Finished 1/22/08
271 pps

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Choice.