Ryan Irish's Reviews > Shooter: The Autobiography of the Top-Ranked Marine Sniper

Shooter by Jack Coughlin

M_50x66
Nov 22, 10

Read in November, 2010

shooter

Shooter was number one on the list of New York Times Bestseller in 2005. Shooter is an autobiography of the top ranked marine sniper in the Iraq war in 1993. Gunnery Sargent Jack Coughlin performed the world's farthest sniper shot. He carried a bolt action .50 caliber sniper rifle with a "magical" scope. His mission was Operation Iraqi Freedom. As he ran through blistering hot desserts and bizarre battlefields killing his targets one by one he has over sixty confirmed kills. in the book he said that was the worst thing he has ever had to do and that he will never fight again.

I really liked this book because it was full of action. He was extremely brave for what he did. I would never be able to do what he did. I give him a lot of credit for the things he's done. There were some parts in the book that were suspenseful because i didn't know what was going to happen. There were parts where he nearly died by being shot at and from being bombed. This was an excellent book because it is full of courage.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading war stories. It is filled with action, courage, and sadness. I would also recommend this book to men and women of the service who have had this type of experience or know someone who has had this type of experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shooter.