Sharon's Reviews > Ecstasy in Darkness

Ecstasy in Darkness by Gena Showalter

Nov 19, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read in October, 2010

I like my dark urban fantasy, but it is authors like this one, that have me turning to & enjoying the paranormal romantic fantasy genre as well. I'd say Gena Showalter is in the same league as Kresley Cole (Immortals After Dark Series).

This is Book five in the Alien Huntress series, and we follow sassy, violent, loyal, A.I.R trainee agent Ava Sans who is sent on a mission to bring back to headquarters Mckell an arrogant, supremely smug, powerful vampire who can manipulate time, who makes other vampires run from him & other A.I.R agents who have gone after him, half lose their minds & the digits of their fingers, he is deemed a threat, but also could possibly be the solution to a horrible alien virus that kills all who come in contact with it.

I loved the characters, interactions, humour, misunderstandings & how the tiny female that is Ava brings the best out of Mckell, he is pretty stupid in regard to how to treat people, & makes assumptions that get him into a whole heap of trouble & as you can imagine, Ava soon sets him straight. The story flows from one page to another, catching up with Dallas & Mia, being introduced to other subtle character threads. Can't wait to see what happens with Ava's Amazonian friend Noelle. A real treat, if you like this type of genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ecstasy in Darkness.