Ren's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Caris Roane

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: alpha-hero, annoying-chara, drooling-cover, expect-better-for-the-sequel, giveaway-author-and-signed, romantic-or-couple-cover, special-ability, steamy, stubborn-chara, there-are-hot-men, tortured-hero, vampire, wanna-kick-the-hero, own-paperback, 3-stars, own-and-read
Recommended for: PNR fans, with some touch of science fiction
Read from June 04 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I won Ascension and Burning Skies when I chat with the author, Caris Roane at VampChix blog :)

So I'd finish read this.I torn to give it 3 or 4 stars. But I give it 4 stars instead :)

EDIT : After read Burning Skies, the 2nd book, that I loved, I just give this one 3 stars, due too much told about the world background and I don't have a connection with the character. But as the first book at series, this book not so bad, but not my cup of tea either :)

Will write entire review soon.. and I must said my favorite character in this book not the hero (Kerrick) or heroine (Alison), but Endelle, the boss.. How I want to see Her Supremeness to fall, and I believe, she will fall.. hard :))
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

06/04/2011 page 2
0.0% "460 pages with term list addition, remind me of J.R.Ward and Demonica series. Will be a long sleepless night"
06/04/2011 page 44
9.0% "Things get interested..There are not strange term, "breh-hedden" or "bonding mate".. J.R.Ward anyone? BTW, the hero swearing a lot! I hate when he do that!"
06/05/2011 page 139
29.0% 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~♡♥♥♕♏46613♕♥♥♡~ Oh, this... Similiar to JR.. Hmm...

message 2: by Ren (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ren Similar , not similiar =))

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I agree with you, Ren. I think the next book will be better. I loved Endelle. She's something else!

message 4: by Ren (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ren Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I agree with you, Ren. I think the next book will be better. I loved Endelle. She's something else!"

The 2nd book definitely better =). Even the amount of "cried" word still bother me, LOL!
Endelle kinda remind me of Nix, but more aggresive and bitchy.