Jennifer Johnson's Reviews > Replay

Jan 16, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: audiobooks
Read from November 21, 2010 to January 16, 2011

What would you do if you could relive your life over? What would you do if you knew you'd keep replaying your life over and over again?

Ken Grimwood's book explores this very idea in "Replay." Jeff Winston dies on October 18, 1988, and wakes up a young man in college, with all of the memories of his past still in tact. He's able to make a fortune based on his knowledge of the future and live a very different life from the first. But when he dies again on Oct 18, 1988 and wakes up again a youn man in college- he realizes that something is very off and he lives another life.

When history veers from what he knows it to be, he finds himself face to face with Pamela, a woman who is also replaying her life dying 9 minutes after Jeff in her "replays". Jeff and Pamela find each other over and over again in their Replays, as they have different lives, careers and explore all of the way history was and could be, with their tampering with their knowledge of the future. Together they try to figure out what and why their lives are caught in this particular cycle.

I enjoyed this book. The story was new and fresh and something I had never heard before. The futuristic ideas and the various ways Jeff and Pamela live their lives is amusing and this was a book I couldn't "stop listening to". (Audio version.) If you're looking for something different (I consider this "public friendly" science fiction") I recommend this read. It will both captivate you and leave you wondering what's next... even if you already know. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Replay.

01/08/2011 page 8