sisterimapoet's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man and Life's Greatest Lesson

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

Feb 08, 08

bookshelves: nonfiction08
Read in February, 2008

There are books I buy only to see what all the fuss is about. This is one of those.

I don't personally see the need to read a book aimed at changing my life - but perhaps some people do. I prefer to collect little wisdoms in unexpected places, not all lumped together in one.

I did connect with much of the wisdom that Morrie handed to Albom, although none of it came as news to me. However I think this is a far stronger book that Albom's other life-affirming novel ('The Five People You Meet in Heaven'). Perhaps this ones strength lies in the fact it really happened.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by minnie (new)

minnie I'll be interested to see what you think of this, as I must be one of the only people who just didn't get this book, all these pronouncements on it like 'This book will change your life' etc.It kind of annoyed me.

sisterimapoet I've not got especially high hopes for it actually. I read his 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' which was ok, quite interesting but trying a bit too hard to be spiritual and life changing. These books remind me of those by Paulo Coehlo - another so called life-changer, but not that great literature. Perhaps you can't have it all?!