Bonnie Qualls's Reviews > The Secret of the Old Clock

The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene

F 50x66
Nov 19, 2010

Read in November, 2010

Nancy Drew is a 18 year old girl that lives in River Heights. Nancy lives with her father, Carson Drew who is a attorney. Also at the home, the housekeeper named Hannah Gruen, kind of takes the motherly role of the home. Nancy's mother died when she was a little child. She loves sluething around and when a mystery about a man named Josiah Crowley died, she wanted to find the real will he had in store for his friends and family, not the one that left already rich Topham family all of his possesions and money. In the end, Nancy finds the old will written by Josiah Crowley himself, leaving the Tophams absolutely nothing.
I actually thought I wouldn't like this book. But after reading it, I actually really liked it. I enjoy mystery stories very much. It really just kept me wanting to read. The book was just the perfect length as well, about 180 pages. I really didn't have any dislikes in the story except for the chapters were a little too long I thought.
I would recommend this book to anyone, but I do think girls would enjoy it more than guys. It keeps you wanting to read it, and it's very interesting. If you're looking for a good mystery book to keep you reading and interested, this book would be good for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of the Old Clock.