Diana Leigh's Reviews > Wrapped Around Your Finger

Wrapped Around Your Finger by Fallon Blake

Nov 19, 10

Read in November, 2010

Simply put, I loved this book. It delivered everything I'm looking for in an erotic romance: unique and engaging characters, an engrossing storyline and some very delicious sex that will leave you squirming in your seat. We're first introduced to Indigo who is a rather unconventional heroine. She's a curvy fetish model and culinary student with brilliant tattoos and blue-streaked hair. Indigo is hired last minute to be a sushi model (a living, breathing food display platter!) for the very famous and talented Chef Banner Faust. Indigo is a fangirl of Banner's so she is both nervous and ecstatic to work with him.

Banner has devoted his life to becoming a top chef, but his personal relationships have suffered for it. Banner is a Dom in the Miami BDSM scene, though his need to find his perfect submissive has been pushed to the back burner, until he meets Indigo. Banner senses a submissive nature in Indigo that he longs to explore. He offers her a 3-day "trial" period to experience the pleasures of dominance and submission. A painful past has caused Indigo to build a tough, protective barrier around her true self to avoid being hurt again. Banner's challenge will be to break through those walls and show her how liberating the act of submission can be.

Fallon Blake is one of my tip-top favorite new-to-me authors I've discovered this year. I read her first book This Side of Heaven (an erotic paranormal romance) a few months ago, and I couldn't wait to see what she had in store for us next. Wrapped Around Your Finger was worth the wait! She has a very pleasant writing style, and her words flow together effortlessly. The characters are written so that the reader gets to know them right away. Indigo and Banner are both multidimensional and realistic, and they're believable as a couple.

So, what about the BDSM and sex? Scrumptious would be a good description considering this is culinary erotica! What can I say except that Banner is my kind of Dom. He's not into rigorous D/s protocol, though he doesn't mind Indigo calling him Sir. He's into gaining her trust and taking control so they both will have maximum pleasure (not to mention he's also quite charming and, of course, he's a great cook.) He has a very naughty use for ginger which is actually somewhat common in BDSM, though I've never seen it practiced in an erotic story. Bravo to the author for making something I was a bit scared of very erotic! Wrapped Around Your Fingers will appeal to fans of erotic romance and BDSM. Highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrapped Around Your Finger.