Tara's Reviews > GhosTV

GhosTV by Jordan Castillo Price

Sep 01, 13

bookshelves: m-m, ghosts, urban-fantasy, read-in-2011, featured, police-government-agency, 2013
Read from March 02, 2011 to September 01, 2013

3/2-3/4/2011- So life would be simpler if JCP wrote crappier books or wrote faster.

GhosTV was really good. Si/No Lisa has gone missing from PsyTrain so Vic and Jacob go out to California to help find her. Peppered throughout is Vic's hilarious sense of self depreciating humor. We revisit quite a few characters from previous books- and I admit that here was my only complaint- there was very little prompting about who people were. I read Camp Hell (and all the PsyCop books) almost a year ago and about 1/2 way through this book I felt like I should have reread a couple before I started this one, because I forgot some of the references. If your memory is sketchy on details, I would say skim through Camp Hell definitely and the one that originally had the GhosTV in it- I can't even remember which on that is. Anyway, Maybe if the wait gets long for the next one I'll reread the whole series.

Anyway, definitely a strong read, and it seems like where the story ended, a lot of characters and relationships are in flux. (view spoiler) It makes me curious about where everyone will end up, and what will happen.

Reread 9/1/13 Well, I forgot that I had such trouble during the last read of this book, but I'm glad I reread the whole series, because now I knew (and remembered) who everyone was! I really enjoyed this book.

There is something that bothers me though. It's Lisa. The thing is, why is she so important to the guys? I mean Vic and Lisa were partners for like a second. I feel like she sort of horned her way into their lives and I don't understand why they made her so important. Like Vic calls her his best friend, but I don't understand why. They met, she got fired for not being an NP, and then she shows up at his apartment high and crying. Then sure her and Carolyn help find the killer they were searching for that was after Jacob, but then... what? She left for PsyTrain. She told Vic not to call her. She changed her phone number... until she needed something, then she showed up at the airport and needed a place to stay. And then she left again. So now we are at this book, and Lisa is missing and the boys run to aid.

I mean I get they are friends, and they want to help, but I don't really know why, and I have no idea what the next book will bring, but I hope it's not Jacob, Vic and Lisa all living together in the cannery like some dysfunctional family. Speaking of dysfunctional, Crash is growing on me in this book. He needs the friends. And I sort of get why he and Vic are friends. Although it still weirds me out a bit how easily Vic is turned on by Crash.

And Jacob... all I can say is I wish the GhosTv was on every time Vic and Jacob spoke to each other. Because seriously those guys need to have more honest conversations. I am glad that the thing I was questioning is actually addressed in this book. (whether Jacob likes Vic or the psychic).

The other thing that I realized in this book is that I have no idea where Vic cam from. We never really get his backstory. I mean how did he end up in foster care? I actually starting wondering this reading Camp Hell, but forgot to mention it. Like I know he was in foster care and then the mental hospital, Camp Hell and then the police force. But why? I guess it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious. Oh well. I'm off to read the last short story, then SPOOK SQUAD!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read GhosTV.

03/02/2011 page 70