Erica Chilson's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

4182064
Dec 11, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, paper, nook, digital, 3-star
Read from April 05 to 07, 2011

The feel of this book was different then the 1st 3 books in the series or it's sister series Clockwork Angel.

I enjoyed the book but was not as blown away as the beginning of the series. This book was not as fast paced or exciting. I loved having Simon's point of view. Maybe it felt off because it was missing Jace's sarcastic humor & 400 pages of Jace's self torture was a bit much.

I found it odd that one of the main plot lines was the marriage of Jocelyn & Luke and the book ended before the event took place.

I read the previous 3 books back to back ending with City of Fallen Angels & it was obvious that this book felt different. I liked getting to know several character's better: Maia, Jordan Kyle, & Simon. In the previous books there was a good balance of happiness and grief, this felt as if I was slowly bleeding with small amounts of contentment peppered in. I was engrossed in the story line and look forward to the next books in the series to see what happens. After finishing the book and with how it ended I'm not sure I actually enjoyed reading City of Fallen Angels. I enjoy a little bit of tortured emotions in a book but this didn't let me catch my breath before I was hit with it again. I'll do a reread in the future to see if my opinion changes, until then I am a mix of love & hate over the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Virginia I absolutely agree with you! Poor Poor Jace! that cliffhanger killed me! The mortal instruments is my favorite series, I've re-read the first three books several times, I couldn't possibly re'read CoFA, it was too much angst, Jace just can't catch a break :( I think that the most interesting plot line was Simon's since with Clary and Jace I just felt like I was getting sneak peeks of what was going on with them, Idk, of course in the end all the storylines came perfectly and tortuously together.
I'm dying to read City of Lost Souls (in the mean time I'm in the middle of clockwork prince and loving it!)

Erica Chilson I definitely understand. I most likely will reread it b4 City of Lost Souls is released, just not sure I will enjoy the experience.

I absolutely LOVED Clockwork Prince, more so then the MI series. & that's saying something!