Julia's Reviews > Hard Bitten

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

May 02, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, urban, romance, arcs, dropbox
Read in April, 2011

Holy cow.

Half way through this book, I was thinking how much I've enjoyed this series. Not just for the characters and the action within, but also for the decisions Chloe Neill has made as an author. Neill takes the long view, just as her immortal heroine Merit is learning to do, and it's apparent that this series is settling in for many books to come. This is most evident in the drama that Neill chooses to include, not the spikes and crashes of sugar-high romance, but rather the worries and growth of complex, interesting characters. That being said, the ending of this book completely whipped the rug out from underneath my feet. That's another sign of being in it for the long haul, an author can't be afraid to take chances. My mind is abuzz with possibilities and theories about how much of a change this really is, and it is the cruelest of pleasures to have so long to wait before the next book will come along and put me out of my misery. I loved this book, I laughed out loud and marveled at the characters, and I'm itching to get my hands on more of their story. But wow... Holy cow.

Full review at All Things Urban Fantasy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Bitten.