Countrygirl_TN's Reviews > Born at Midnight

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

Nov 18, 2010

bookshelves: ebooks, kindle-not-lendable
Read from March 31 to April 04, 2011

Kylie Galen heads to a party one night after her grandmother's funeral and learning of her parents' plans to divorce. She doesn't drink like her friends but is still put into custody when the police bust up the party.

Her mom sends her to Shadow Falls Camp. She soon learns the summer camp is inhabited with freaks when she steps on the bus and finds people that are nothing like her. They are kids who look like the real troublemakers wit their multicolored hair, piercings, and tattoos. Kylie finds out after she arrives that the camp is not for ordinary kids, but for supernaturals such as vampires, werewolves, and shapeshifters and that she is actually a supernatural.

She spends her summer making new friends and learning about their special gifts all the while searching her history trying to find out if she truly is a supernatural and what kind she might be. She knows that she can see a ghost, was born at midnight, and can feel when people try to touch her and change her state of emotion so now she begins her journey to discover what she is and if she happens to meet a couple of cute boys along the way- all the better. What Kylie discovers just might change her entire life.

First of all, let me say that the beautiful colors on the cover are what drew me to Born at Midnight in the first place. It's creepy and mysterious all at the same time. Bravo on the cover!

This is wonderful. I was immediately drawn into Kylie's life from the first page. Her home life was really believable and I can imagine the tension between Kylie and her parents that are separating. What I can't believe is that she would be sent away after one minor screw up to a summer camp.

My favorite scene is when Perry, a shapeshifter, transforms to a kitten and Kylie takes it in to keep it safe. I'm not gonna say what happens, but let me tell you that it was a non-stop, laugh out loud funny sort of moment. I was laughing so hard that I started getting tears in my eyes. Towards the end though, I actually did shed a few tears, so have a tissue handy just in case you need one.

Born at Midnight is the start of a new series by C.C. Hunter. It is a really addicting story so once you start, you'll use every free minute you can to continue Kylie's journey. The author creates a world where supernaturals exist and rogues want Shadow Falls shut down. This story is filled with humor, sadness, and romance along with mystery and a little drama among friends. So those of you who want a breath of fresh air from your original paranormal romance, go grab C.C. Hunter's debut title, Born at Midnight, cause it has it all.

4.75 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born at Midnight.

03/31/2011
04/04/2011
75.0% "Can't wait to see how this ends and see what kind of supernatural she really is:)"
show 1 hidden update…

Marsha Jaime:
I cannot wait to read your review. I've been wanting to read this one.