Oriana's Reviews > The Monsters of Templeton

Oct 08, 13

bookshelves: read-2010
Recommended to Oriana by: karen
Read from November 17 to 24, 2010

IDK if i would have ever picked this up, but Karen is a very persuasive bookdate.

And I'm so glad! This book is really lovely. Sensual, lush language; well-developed, totally relatable characters; a plot that is exciting and challenging, and on and on.

As always, the fact that I am a quick and uncareful reader prevented me from really following all the historical personages and twisty intrigue, and I probably missed a few "Aha!" moments, but that didn't stop me from loving being along for the ride. Super pleased I read this, and I would totally read more Lauren Groff when it happens. Thanks Karen!

Oh and also: I gave this book to my mom immediately after finishing it, and she loved it too! I'm always trying to push weird arty pomo books I love on her, obstinately refusing to believe that she'll hate them (which of course she always does). But a book like this is one of the places where our tastes intersect. Yay!
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monsters of Templeton.

karen "bossy" bookdate.

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill you're right about karen, oriana...she's forced me to read so many books it isn't funny.

also i just started the adderall diaries...i'll let you know what i think when i finish it...i haven't read much yet and the author already seems like a pretty weird guy.

karen shhhh bill thompson - get into your corner and get reading!!!