Filipa's Reviews > Bad Moon Rising

Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Mar 22, 11

bookshelves: own, english-books, paranormal, 2011-reads
Read from February 01 to 04, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I’m finished. Once again I spoke too soon and I was baffled by this book.
I liked it. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a SK book and liked it so much.

That ending surprised me. A Lot. This is one of the most tragic books DH series has. Everything just happens at the same time. And the situation reaches a point that it’s so bad it appears that there is no solution what so ever for it.
And once again SK knows how to amaze her fans. Twisting everything – we see everything come back into place, where it’s supposed to.

Certainly the last thing I expected was that Fang killed a demon and absorbed all of his powers even risking becoming its evil essence.
I liked the fact that in this book we read about events that have already happen previously in the series but we now have the possibility to read about the same events but under a different perspective. I really liked it.
I was so blindfolded in the other books. Really this book enlightened me in a way I never thought it would.

I always liked Aimee and for this first time I met Fang I thought they were perfect for each other. Really – she is the only girl who can understand and bear with Fang’s sarcasm.
The whole comatose status Fang went through is amazingly structured and his recovery too.
Their relationship is wonderful. Because of the lack of a physical relationship they’ve created an emotional bond between them that is so strong, it’s just beautiful to read – and watch.

On the other side it’s awesome to see another perspective of Vane and Fang’s relationship. And seeing Fang dealing with Fury – well, WOW.

About Thorn: I was so curious about him. I actually have faith in his good will, but you never know, right? And Ravenna and Zeke sounded so confident in their arguments. I really don’t know if I trust him or not.

As to Nicolette…I still don’t give a damn about her. She just keeps irritating me…although she has succeeded in amaze me.
I can understand her actions. I really do. But for the first moment I’ve met her, I took a strong dislike for her. I hate what she did to Wren and to the Kattalakis pack.
But I can’t really judge an overprotective mother, can I?

And in the end, she just wasn’t Nicolette. That attitude was so out of character.
Ok, her attitude was honorable but it just didn’t seem like her.

There was a sentence in the book that made it all worth it.

" We have three kinds of family. Those we are born to, those who are born to us, and those we let into our hearts."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Moon Rising.

02/03/2011 page 100