Sherese's Reviews > Love Walked In

Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos

F_50x66
Mar 12, 08

Read in March, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I would look at this book and read the back cover everytime I went to Borders. So, I recieved a gift card for Barnes & Noble so I went ahead and purchased this book. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I was a little disappointed with the development of the story of Cornelia and Claire. I found the frequent references to old romanticized movies and actors lame and completely over done. As someone who has a few film courses under her belt (but generally dislikes all romantic comedies with very few exception ie "Bringing up Baby" and "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days"), I still found that I mostly had no idea what Cornelia was referring when she mentioned these "classic movies". I felt like classic romantic films 101 should be have been a prerequisite for reading this fluffy novel.

I also had a problem with the fact that all storylines and character choices seemed to easy and predictable. You saw them coming a 10 miles away and all plans and hopes just happened to work out perfectly. All loose ends were tied up tightly into perfectly happy endings, and that's fine. Who doesn't want like to feel a sense of some resolution afetr reading a book or seeing a film? But this was just so forced and unnatural. When the guy your dating for three months "forgets" to tell you he has a daughter and then she all of a sudden shows up when her mentally ill mother leaves, do you immediately become her surrogate mother? Do you just decide one day that you are in love with your sister's husband( who just so happens to have been your great friend all your life but married your sis and it just so happens that your sister leaves for her husband for some other man) and find out he's loved you since you were kids and your families are both fully supportive of you and him hooking up within days of learning that your sister left him? I seriously doubt it.. so unbelievable. There are more examples of this nonsense but there is no need to elaborate. If you see this book on the shelf don't even bother to stop..keep on movin'!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Walked In.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jess i think you summed this up perfectly.

Dana You hit it on the head with this review. I really wanted to like the book but it felt like an art project trying on new brush techniques.

Kathryn I wish I had read this before I bought the book. At least I found your review before I wasted any more time on it. :) Thanks!

message 4: by Em (new) - added it

Em Perfect review. I too picked this book up many times in the book store on many occasions. Finally, I bought it and now cannot (after 3 tries) get past a few chapters. Very disapointed.

Diane I totally agree with your entire first paragraph!

Kenna Agree, the more I read the more unbelievable the story got.

Rianna N Crap! Wish there was a spoiler-alert ahead before I read this whole review! Book...ruined.