Lady Heather 's Reviews > Line of Scrimmage

Line of Scrimmage by Marie Force

Nov 17, 2010

bookshelves: adult, chick-lit, contemporary, contemporary-romance, fiction, love-the-author-a-must-buy, marie-force, romance
Recommended for: Contemporary romance, fans of Marie Force
Read from March 14 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

At about the 70% mark of this book I was really hesitant in finishing this story, because in my mind Henry with his diabolical, obsessive mind, and Becky with all the rumors that Susanna had heard about her affair with her husband Ryan...it gave me such a HUGE knot in my stomach, that I forced myself to continue reading the story. I know that sounds really 'wimpy', but I really HATE infidelity in the stories I read.
That being said...I'm really glad I pressed on and finished the book. I really enjoyed the story, and 'fell in love' with Ryan. The Author really let the reader get to know him, and let us have a glimpse of his insecurities and why he had them.
Susanna stepped up and became the Woman I wanted her to be.
Not being a football fan myself....hey I'm Canadian Hockey's my sport (we grow up living and breathing it) I didn't find that it was a 'football' book, but a really great love story.
I'm glad I read this story, Ms. Force is one of my favorite story-tellers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Line of Scrimmage.

03/15
56.0% 3 comments
03/16
70.0% "I just 'know' Henry's going to be more of an ass than he already is! And who's this Becky chick?"
04/18 marked as: read

message 1: by Karla (last edited Mar 19, 2012 04:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karla Glad you enjoyed it Heather, nice review!

BTW...hockey eh...met too, go read Taking a Shot now! Scrumptiousness!

Lady Heather thanks Karla :)

message 3: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Nice review Heather!

KindleRomance Reviews Nice review. Thanks for the warning - I hate that "pit in the stomach feeling" but it also tells me I'm engaged in the story.

Vicki This was exactly the review I needed to read; Thank You! I'm not quite 70% of the way through this book, but at the point where I feel Henry getting ready to try some charade in an effort to get Susannah back. Because of this I've been putting off finishing the book. You've inspired me to read through.