Mary Ford's Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Nov 17, 10

bookshelves: rented
Read in November, 2010

I didn't think it was possible but book two of this trilogy was even better than the first one.

Maybe Kelly Armstrong has the right idea only doing a trilogy. She hasn’t lost pace at all with her Women of the Otherworld books even though there’s quite a few but I can think of a few other authors who have become extremely indulgent now that they have over 10 or 12 books out in a series. I’d hate to have my feelings shift from one of absolute love and devotion to a meh I don’t need to read that right away; all they’re going to do is have sex, sex sex oh and what’s going to solve their problems? Oh that’s right more sex! But I digress.

The book progresses just as quickly as the first in the trilogy and now the four kids are on the run. Kelley Armstrong keeps up the suspense and edge of your seat ohmigod what's going to happen next feeling but my absolute favorite part is the characters. The way Armstrong develops them is nothing short of masterful. Their flaws and interactions and the way they react and deal with situations is absolutely perfectly done.

By this time my 16 year old self is firmly in love with Derek, if Chloe doesn't want him 16 year old me certainly does. lol

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.