Princess Bookie's Reviews > Sirensong

Sirensong by Jenna Black

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: read2011
Read from May 10 to June 09, 2011

My Thoughts: We are once again back with Dana and her gang of family and friends. Dana has been living with her father in Avalon for a while now and there is never a dull moment. Dana and her father attend a party hosted by Prince Henry and he invites them on a trip to see the Queen. Invite is a strong word, they have go to otherwise it's disrespectful and could start a fight.

Dana insists to her father that she be escorted by her friends Ethan and his sister Kimber. Her father lets them come but is a little unsure of it, but he figures Ethan can also watch her back and protect her. Of course Finn and his son Keane are also coming. I loved how much we see of her friends in this novel. I loved how her relationship with Ethan is growing and Keane is also around more. I still want to see more of Keane! But even though we know he had a crush on Dana, he is now focusing his attention more on Kimber.

They start on their journey and figure they will be save with Henry's entourage since nobody would dare attack them! Of course things do not go as planned and they do get attacked. We also realize that Erlking is still around and is following Dana.

Erlking is a mysterious character. We know that he looks out for himself and if its in his best interest, he'll do it. But he protects Dana a lot more than he has too. He kind of feels an allegiance to her I suppose. Even though we're supposed to fear him and loathe him, I always find myself liking him and his sense of humor. He makes things more interesting. We also see more of Dana's brother who is in the Wild Hunt.

Once, they all get to the Queen's there is an attack and Dana is the one whose at blame since she's the only one who can carry technology in. So they all run, even though she's innocent.

They are on the run with nowhere to go! How did the technology get in? What happens when Erlking decides he wants Dana to himself and sends Ethan after her? Will the romance ever go further with Ethan because once Dana gives her virginity up, since Erlking can step in and own her power? Is it worth it? Does Dana become a better fighter? Does she live or die? Read the book now!

Overall: Loved Sirensong! I think I loved this one more than the first two. The trip to the Queen's was interesting. They are on the move a lot so lots of things happen. She sees weird things she's never seen before. When Dana is wanted by the Queen, she is quite brave and does anything she has to in order to survive. We also see her powers developing more and realize just what she can do! I loved Sirensong, I hope you do too!

Cover: She's so pretty! I also love how she is leaning down on her hands.

What I'd Give It: 5/5 Cupcakes
Review Based On Softcover Edition

Taken From Princess Bookie
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sirensong.

05/11/2011 page 30

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather I haven't really spent much time looking for the answer to this, but did this read like the end of the series?