Andrea Larson's Reviews > Thereby Hangs a Tail

Thereby Hangs a Tail by Spencer Quinn

F 50x66
Nov 17, 2010

This was a great Chet and Bernie mystery - the first I've read but the second the author's written. I'll be sure to check out Dog On It, which was the first, and To Fetch a Thief, the latest. The charm of the books are that they're narrated by Chet the dog, whose personality shines through.

Like the most recent book I reviewed, Half-Broke Horses, this one takes place in the Valley, presumably the Phoenix area, although it's not named as such. Bernie Little is the sole proprietor of the Little Detective Agency, and his partner Chet is always a vital part of his crime-solving techniques. Bernie is always falling for the latest investment scheme, usually after having downed one too many. Chet not only worries about the drinking but the finances as well.

Bernie and Chet are hired to give protection to a show dog, Princess, after a threat has been made on her life. Then the dog's owner and the dog disappear so the action intensifies as Chet and Bernie follow the clues to their return.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thereby Hangs a Tail.