Teri's Reviews > The Siege

The Siege by Kathryn Lasky

Nov 17, 10

OK I have :issues" with this sereis.
It gets 3 stars because I enjoy the characters and feel invested in them.
I think there is a great base to this series, but I feel the "finishing" touches are ummm sloppy and lack connections.
IT stays down to a 3 star because I feel the plot development and ideas to sometimes be jumpy, too coincidental, and I even have a hard time making sense of some of the " deductive reasoning" of the characters. Shallow is a word I would describe on some of the "finishing touches".

I have a hard time figuring out what age this is suposed to be for ideally.
I would not really reccomend it to my adult YA fans but I have a hard time thinking it is perfect for some of the young readers due to all the "gibberish" with too many made up names terms and ideas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siege.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually really agree with you! Although you forgot to mention that this book is hard to recommend to children because of violence! lol :D Should I finish the series? I'm on the sixth book and kinda bored..

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The first-three books are actually really good! The only thing I don't like about the other books are war.. I don't like war or fighting, so I don't understand it..

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)