Tara's Reviews > High Five

Nov 19, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2010, mystery-suspense, audio-book, brain-candy
Read on November 17, 2010

Meh. Maybe because I loved the last one so much or maybe Stephanie Plum makes better choices when she is getting some, but I feel like there was a lot of that old thing that make me nuts in this book. I know that keeping secrets from Joe is part of he thing with him, but in the last book she was making better choices to not go do things that might get herself killed. This time? Not so much. Also I'm feeling a little icky about this developing thing with her and Ranger. I mean, if she was being honest about it, it wouldn't bother me so much, but she gets crazy jealous when Joe has to work with another woman and she is actually kissing another guy? I don't know, it just sits badly with me. It would take so little to be honest about it. SInce her and Joe have been having conversations about a commitment especially. That's something to bring to the conversation.

I do have to say, that was a heck of a cliff hanger at the end of the book! I started the next one immediately to find out what happened.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Five.

Beth That ending made me nuts! I'm about to start Six, but I'm hoping, hoping, that guy wasn't Ranger! (Don't tell me.) I'm with you on the icky factor...

message 2: by Tara (last edited Nov 21, 2010 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tara LOL! I won't! You find out almost immediately though so that's good.Well. immediately after a lot of those non specific details like this book ended on! I was afraid it would be one of those things we had to wait until later to find out. And I felt the same way as you about it being Ranger when I finished this book! I was listening on audio and while the narrator was reading I just kept saying "don't be Ranger, don't be Ranger" I missed my exit on the parkway because of that!

Beth lol! I was saying the same thing!!!! It sure sounds like Ranger, though. ::sigh:: Gotta go read.

Tara READ! READ! Before I give something away! :)

Beth I did!!! I did!!! Now I can sleep tonight...bet everyone else reading our comments wonders who it is...lol

Tara LOL! I'm still living with the icky factor, so far it hasn't gotten better..

Beth Oh, nos!

Beth Tara, how far have you gotten? Just finished Hard Eight...reading Visions of Sugar Plums (great timing, eh?)

Tara HA! That one isn't bad- although it's weird. You'll see what I mean- there is some funny stuff with her sister.