Ami's Reviews > Unspeakable Words

Unspeakable Words by Sarah Madison

Oct 02, 14

bookshelves: mm-fantasy-pnr-futuristic-scifi, mm-supernatural-power
Read from November 16 to 17, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Special Agent Jerry Parker is known as meticulous and thorough -- he is extremely good in information gathering, his attention to details often helps make a break in a difficult case. However, his personality has given him a reputation for being difficult. It is easy for Jerry to think of others as idiot when they do not pay good attention to details.

Jerry is reassigned to help Special Agent John Flynn (from Washington DC bureau) when new development appears on a cold case of serial killer, known as The Grimm Fairy Tale murder. Things start a bit rocky between the two men -- even if Jerry slightly thinks of Flynn as handsome and attractive (but Flynn is straight). However, during one visit to a museum to meet with a potential witness, Flynn has a contact with strange artifact ... and suddenly he is bestowed by a power of telepathy. And then, things get interesting ...

------------

I really enjoy this story!! I mean, after Flynn gets the power of being a telepath, and that he can hear other people's thought including Jerry, it becomes VERY amusing. I just love how Jerry tries to find a way to keep his thoughts of Flynn by imagining him in soundproof booth *lol*. There are so many entertaining scenes that involve Jerry's thoughts about Flynn. Oh, also because Flynn's power do not limitate to human, but reading animals' thoughts as well!! I like Jerry and his random thoughts -- I also love his reading habit and favorite TV shows (YES, Jerry like to watch The Closer, as I do!).

The mystery itself is a bit, uhm, on detour? I mean, I thought it would be about the Grimm Fairy Tale, but turns out that the case changes into a copycat case (and has nothing to do with the Grimm Fairy Tale murder) -- so the old case is not really solved.

I hope this is sort of a beginning of a series. I would love to read about Jerry and Flynn again -- as well as the cats (yes, there are two cats in this book, yay!). This book gives a good start (if it becomes a series). There are some developments that I would like to see, for example how Flynn controls his telepathic power or how Jerry blocks his thoughts or even the answer to the cold case.

PS: For those looking for sex scenes, WARNING, it doesn't happen till the end and even so, it is only a blowjob. This is more of a character-centric story rather than erotic one.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unspeakable Words.

11/16/2010
4.0% "oh, grimm fairy tale killer. nice name for serial killer ^_^"
11/17/2010
48.0% "artifact with a gift of telepathy AND reference to The Closer? this story is very amusing!"

Edina Rose I adored this story! It's the beginning of a series, a long one, I hope. Sarah Madison said the second book is coming, though she has two books to publish before that. I can't wait!!!

message 2: by Ami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami Yeah, she did say that there would be a sequel.