Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Haze

Haze by L.E. Modesitt Jr.

Nov 23, 10

bookshelves: science-fiction
Read from November 16 to 23, 2010

Look, confession time...the shelf maybe should be "read, sort-of". This book is, I believe better than I'm rating it. I just couldn't get into it, but I believe it to be at least partly me. I just wasn't in the mood for this book. I picked it up because it was the choice of a reading group.

I like Mr. Modesitt's books in general and can't think of one I've really hated...it's just this one isn't reaching me. Religious and political conflict, old alien technology....what's not to like? But I can't get into the story. Probably me. My choice of Mr' Modesitt's work is/are usually his fantasies.

I'd say, try it yourself and see what you think. maybe....in a year or ten I'll try it again, who knows? As for now, I can see good writing and the world is interesting. As I said, I'm left with the feeling that the book is better than I'm seeing it right now. I barely scanned it in the end and put it down, as I said, just not in the mood for this book. I'll leave this one to your own discretion, I just couldn't and didn't get into it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haze.