Sandra's Reviews > Blood Hunt

Blood Hunt by Shannon K. Butcher

Aug 22, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, favorite-series
Read in August, 2011

So, right off the bat I was kind of annoyed that Logan was the main character instead of one of the Theronai. Granted we have seen a lot of him in the past books so I guess it makes sense, but I sorta thought it would be more of a side story. And given that I read a lot of vamp books, the Theronai were always a refreshing change. BUT, that being said, I did end up liking Hope and Logan quite a bit.

A few of the things I didn't love:
1.) The back and forth of "I want her, but I can't have her." It did get kind of annoying.
2.) The female Theronai were getting a little pushy. I get that they need women to further the race and save the men.. but back off the chicks that were just released from years of captivity. They might need some adjustment time.
3.) Sort of related to the above, Nika hated how Andra treated her like a child and controlled her when she first came to Dabyr. Now she is treating Tori the same. Hypocrite much?
4.) Why are they such assholes to Logan and all the Sanguinar? It got a little annoying and made me like the Theronai a little less.
5.) The end was a bit rushed and convenient. After all the build up with Hopes memory and them not being able to be together, (view spoiler) But the new introduction with the Sanguinar was an interesting twist.

On to the good stuff. Normally I love the main story in these books, and while the side stories are good they sometimes too much and I want to get back to the main people. But in this one I really loved all the side stories too. Torr and Grace were mentioned a few times but we didn't get to catch up with them, hopefully the next book. And while there was a lot going on we got to meet the Slayers, checked in on Carmen, saw a decent amount of Jackie and Iain (future couple?), and followed up on Tori's issues as well as everything Joseph is doing to keep everything up and running. So good! Every time I think it's gonna be enough they introduce new people and new potential couples and can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Hunt.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regina (new)

Regina I am finally getting to #1 this month, I can't wait to read it.