Smpaetz's Reviews > Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids

Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne

U_50x66
Nov 22, 10

Read from November 16 to 18, 2010

This was an insightful book for people who have never come across this idea. I personally am beyond this book and it's message. I was looking for a lot more meat and this book is more on the why to simplify. This also seems like a message being sold to small one or two child families who are financially well off. People who have six kids have already simplified their lives greatly out of necessity. I would probably recommend this to my friends who only have one or two kids and say they can't afford to have more while they are a two-income, large home owning, cable watching, SUV driving, private schooling, involved in 3 or more outside of school activities, families. Oh, wait. I don't have friends like that.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simplicity Parenting.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amie (new)

Amie You crack me up Sharalyn.

Smpaetz Thanks! What are you reading these days?

message 3: by Amie (new)

Amie Been reading the Sookie Stackhouse books. Also I have a stack a mile high that I pick through when I get the chance - on canning, baking, grace, NFP, you know, the usual. :)