Samantha Young's Reviews > Hollowland

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

Nov 19, 10

bookshelves: favourites, ebooks-i-own, covers-i-love, indie, books-i-own
Read from November 18 to 19, 2010

Holy Hell! This is a short read but it packs a lot of punch. Not since the Alien films have I come across such a strong and incredible Heroine as Remy. Between her and the aptly named lioness, Ripley, whom Remy kind of picks up along her across state venture to find her brother, there is an abundance of totally brutal feminine power. It is no wonder Ripley has such an affinity for Remy...she recognises another with the heart of a lioness.

This is a fast-paced, action-packed, tense, gory thrill ride in a zombie-filled America. Amazing characters, awesome and well-written action scenes and a sensitive and beautiful grasp on the the many facets of man when forced into desperate survival.

Hollowland blew me away; Remy blew me away; once again Hocking blew me away! I hope this is only the beginning of this world she has created because I can't bear that a now favourite character of mine should be left hanging on such an open ending.
More please.

Ten Explosive Stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollowland.

11/19/2010 page 70
22.0% ""When I say run, just run! I don't care what anybody else is doing! You could have been killed!"
"If you're so worried about my safety, maybe you shouldn't light zombies on fire and then lead them to me," Harlow shot back."