Samantha Young's Reviews > Wisdom

Wisdom by Amanda Hocking

Jan 22, 2011

bookshelves: ebooks-i-own, indie, books-i-own
Read on November 18, 2010

** spoiler alert ** The fourth novel in the My Blood Approves series begins with the tragic death of Alice's best friend, Jane: it looks like there is a serial killer on the loose in downtown Minneapolis. But is it of the human variety or something with teeth?

Wisdom is another fantastic read. The best thing about it is how much Alice has grown, how strong and independent she's become. She's pretty kickass actually. I love a heroine who knows how to handle herself.

Plot-wise, there are lots of truths revealed; lots of heartbreak as Mae has to deal with her out-of-control vampire child; lots of action, as Alice hunts down the person who murdered Jane; lots of romantic ups and downs - but well-handled, nothing annoying, all well-written and surprising real for a paranormal romance.

All and all this is the best of the series and it could even be the end. But it is an open ending and I really hope Hocking decides to write more about Alice...especially as her chosen career at the end of the novel would suggest plenty of action-packed sequels.

Five HUGE Stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wisdom.

11/18/2010 page 185

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-4 of 4) </span> <span class="smallText">(4 new)</span>

Sarah I agree with you about the action packed sequels, amanda hocking should really consider writing a couple more books for this series.

Samantha Young She's written a fifth called Swear, but I don't know when it's set for a release. Can't wait though!

Sarah I dont want swear to be the final book though. I'm so excited for alice's career as a vampire hunter!!! Can't wait for book 5!!!

Samantha Young Oh me too! I thought her character was at its best towards the end of Wisdom; the promise of great things to come!