Erica's Reviews > When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead: Useful Stories from a Persuasive Man

When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead by Jerry Weintraub

Nov 22, 10

bookshelves: audiobook, biographical, divorce, hollywood, famous-figures, funny, history, non-fiction
Read from November 16 to 22, 2010

I so enjoyed listening to this book; I can't imagine anyone but the author reading it. I don't think people live lives like his anymore - talk about doing everything and knowing everyone! Hearing his story was a little like being swept away on a glamourous mini-vacation.
However, I'm not sure I'd like to know this man in person. I was left thinking, "Well! Isn't he the delightful little sheister!" He's probably not actually "little", per se. Still. From my perspective, he seems just this side of shady.
He's a funny guy, though, and I doubt he has any trouble laying on the charm. I'm so impressed with all the things he's tried and everything he's accomplished. Of course I'm left wishing I'd have had the wherewithal to know what I was doing and where I was going from such a young age. It's a futile wish, of course - I rather like who I am today and it's my youth and my leaving-youth that made me. But it's hard to not wish for a Golden Touch like Mr. Weintraub seems to have.
And I have to admit, I came into work every day excited to hear what he was going to tell me next. It was definitely a very entertaining and illuminating book.
Thank you for telling your story, Mr. Weintraub.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When I Stop Talking, You'll Know I'm Dead.