Jennifer's Reviews > Human Blend

Human Blend by Lori Pescatore

F 50x66
Nov 16, 2010

Read from November 16 to 18, 2010

Laney's gifts have her running scared from a man that uses her to benefit his pocket book. After creating a new identity, which she calls Julie Miller, she starts fresh in the small town of Marion, Virgina. Her only hope is that she will finally be safe.

Battling the darkness of her past and the many questions she has about herself, she sets out to live a normal life. Right away she meets Austin, who shows her around Marion. She gets a volunteer job at the local hospital, reuniting with her passion for helping people. Her normal life is falling into place.

Soon she runs into the mysterious doctor, Eli. Eli has no heartbeat and there is more to him than meets the eye. Julie has finally found peace and is enjoying her new-found freedom when her past catches up with her.

The characters are well developed and bring tremendous depth to the plot. Laney/Julie is a strong willed and very caring person who takes joy in helping others. The mysteries surrounding her abilities raise questions about her family history and what she is. I was drawn to her character, finding that I wanted to know more about her, her family and, most of all, what exactly she is.

There were attractions of sorts between her and Austin, as well as Eli that kept me on the edge of my seat. Each one seemed good for her, leaving you torn and still asking who will she end up with.

Pescatore has created a tale that will leave you guessing until the very last page. The twisting plot is set at a smooth pace, bringing the characters to life. Even now I can't pick a single character that I liked more than the others. Human Blend is a suspenseful paranormal read that will leave you wanting more of Laney/Julie and her paranormal friends. A delightful read. I look forward to the continuation of Laney's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Human Blend.

11/16/2010
11/17/2010
85.0% "Really great read."

message 1: by La Toya (new)

La Toya Oooh this looks like a good one!

Jennifer Almost finished with it. It's a really good read. If you have a chance to snag a copy get it.

Lori Pescatore Awesome review Jennifer!! Many thanks! There is more to come! So glad you enjoyed the characters.

Jennifer Looking forward to reading more. I know that patience is a virtue but I think I might lack patience. LOL Glad you like the review. ;)

Merranda Johnson Hey do u have this book becuase I so want to barrow it if u do

Jennifer Yep! You can definitely borrow it. Let me know when you're ready to read it and I'll bring it to the library with me.