Don Stanton's Reviews > Executive Orders

Executive Orders by Tom Clancy

Nov 16, 10

Read in October, 2010

I first read it in 1996 when it came out....My reaction then was ho hum.
I just finished it again. The man was 5 years before 9/11. Wow, did he call it or what?
The things that he speaks about are exactly about what is happening in Europe and america today.
I like very much his style of flipping form entity to entity. It truly gives the perspective of multiple plots running simultaneously. It could be confusing to those with a eighth grade reading ability.
I read one cometary for a non american who probably doesn't read the news or understands what is truly happening in the world today or her country hasn't been attached at all since 1996. She ignorantly equates the them of the book to 'The Men at Work' "Macho Macho Man." If she really read this book she would have seen plenty of "Macho Women," from other countries.
I heartedly recommend this book for those with at least an High School education, any background in history that has more than 10 years in depth.
Definitely not for the PETA, Code Pink crowd.
Any of you been to France lately? I have. What a warm a fuzzy feeling it gives me to see two French Policemen with full automatic weapons walking amongst the crowds of passengers at the Gran Tran Gar in Lion. Talk about Macho...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Executive Orders.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

James Totally agree it's a tad spooky reading this and debt of honour post 9/11.

message 2: by Don (new) - rated it 5 stars

Don Stanton Thanks for your feedback.

Caroline Daily I felt the same way when I read it.

message 4: by Ian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ian I read the book before 9/11, but I vividly remembered the plot. Tom Clancy could predict an attack like that, but our intelligence agencies couldn't?