Cicely's Reviews > Irreplaceable

Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely

Sep 13, 11

Read from September 11 to 13, 2011

Ugh. I am sad that I made myself finish the whole thing. From the vapid characters to the completely unbelievable plot, with a twist of philosophical/political musing about organ donation, this whole book was a complete drag.

This book is the story of a woman who dies and donates her organs. The recipient of her heart tracks down the dead woman's husband and mother in law. This seemed very much like someone trying very hard to write about something they didn't know about, which was evident in the incorrect details. For example, an alcoholic man usually is not blastedly drunk after 3 drinks. Secondly, people that ride their bike as a serious sporting activity ride their bike on the right hand side of the road (making the accident details completely unbelievable). Third, there was no explanation for why the man and mother in law were obsessed with the lady who got the heart, but not any of the people that got the other organs. Finally, NO, it is not okay to have the twist in your book be that the mother in law and man ALMOST SLEEP TOGETHER because they are so sad about their lost wife/daughter. Ugh, sigh, and uber frustration.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Irreplaceable.