Elena's Reviews > 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life

29 Gifts by Cami Walker

F 50x66
Nov 15, 10

bookshelves: books-i-loved, families, friendship, inspirational, personal-growth
Recommended for: everyone!
Read from November 11 to 13, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Wow, what a great little book! In 29 Gifts, Cami Walker retells her inspirational story of how an unlikely prescritpion (stop focusing on your self and give 29 gifts in 29 days) shifts her focus from the MS diagnosis she is living with just one month after being married to what she can offer to the world. The "prescription" comes from a friend and spiritual teacher, an African medicine woman named Mbali Creazzo. When Cami is at her darkest hour and decides she has nothing more to lose, she remembers Mbali's advice and figures, why not? The results are amazing! Mbali explains that by shifting her focus away from the negativity of her illness and focusing instead on what Cami has to offer to the world, it opens the door for abundance to flow in. And flow it does, immediately! The book is written in a straight-forward practical way. Each chapter covers a gift and what resulted from that gift. Cami is so inspired by the growth she experiences that she begins an entire 29 gifts movement. Grassroots and online, Cami first blogs about her experiences and encourages friends and family to join her. No sooner do they begin and strangers join too. What would the world be if everyone espoused this mentality of giving to strangers for the sheer joy of brightening someone's day? This is a quick and easy read and very moving. I hope the idea catches on. For more information on the 29 gifts movement visit www.29gifts.org and pick up the book, which is a gift in itself. It will leave you feeling positive and full of great little insights. It's so rare to pick up a book that sparkles like a ray of sunshine. It will restore your faith in humanity and leave you itching to do something nice for someone. What a perfect read for the holiday season too, it's made me think more about the gifts I am giving this year. In fact, I'm giving this book as a gift this holiday season!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 29 Gifts.