Karagan's Reviews > Holiday Bound

Holiday Bound by Beth Kery

Nov 19, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, xmas-theme, ebooks, read-in-2010, read-in-2010_11, bdsm, freebie
Read from November 18 to 19, 2010

Four years ago, Alex caught sight of the woman of his dreams. A woman his father, Mitchell, mocked him for wanting, even demeaning Angeline's femininity and appearance in the process. To discover, now, that that very woman has been dating his vile sire for the past two months, Alex is both pained and enraged.

While the Oedipal Complex remark in the blurb had me taking a seriously long pause before downloading this free read, it only took a small number of pages to realize that this story wasn't going to be half as creepy as I'd imagined. In fact, it rocked. Every little thing that came out of Alex's mouth had me rooting for him. Even when he was quite an ass to Angeline when he first rescued her from the storm, I couldn't fault him. Hell, she annoyed me too. As he comes to discover who she really is and makes no excuse for his desire of her, well, that just sealed the deal. His rough exterior gives way to a very vulnerable, romantic guy whose passion in bed makes him great fantasy material. He cuts a tree down for her for goodness sake!

With light BDSM and steamy love scenes guaranteed to warm your blood faster than your favorite cup of cocoa, I'm definitely considering reading this baby again next Christmas.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holiday Bound.

11/18/2010

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie Garrison I got this the other day too. I hope you like it.

message 2: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Schnyder I just picked this up the other day. :)