Cathy's Reviews > Pen on Fire: A Busy Woman's Guide to Igniting the Writer Within

Pen on Fire by Barbara DeMarco-Barrett

Nov 15, 2010

bookshelves: how-to, writing, library, nonfiction
Read in March, 2011

This was an excellent book for women writers everywhere. Who doesn't need help learning how to do any task in a short amount of time? We all lead full and busy lives especialy in today's fast paced society where we have become so accustomed to everything (literally) at the touch of a button. Barabara Demarco-Bennett's novel Pen on Fire eloquently and succintly teaches writers how to hone their craft in the shortest amounts of time possible. Written in seven parts divided by topics such as craft, tools & rituals, living the life, overcoming obstacles and mining your life, each chapter tackles one of the many controversial topics every writer wants to know about on how to improve your writing, how to make the most of your time, where to find and how to use inspiration and what to do once you've written your first draft. Each chapter starts with an inspirational quote by famous authors and notables and concludes with a 15-minute exercise to try on your own. I would definitely recommend this one to all my writer friends, whether you are just starting your journey or have been writing all along, this was an inspirational, motivational and educational handbook on the craft of writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pen on Fire.