Kris's Reviews > Gunn's Golden Rules: Life's Little Lessons for Making It Work

Gunn's Golden Rules by Tim Gunn

F 50x66
Nov 15, 2010

Read in November, 2010

Tim Gunn is a paradox, a very private man who has made a significant cultural impact in two of the most public of 21st century professions, high fashion and television. With his reputation for gentlemanly conduct, his unparalleled good taste, and a knack for the perfect quip at the perfect time, Gunn has crafted (along with his co-author) a lovely, conversational cocktail of a book. One part autobiography, one part guide to modern manners, and garnished with droplets of tasteful (a la Liz Smith) but nonetheless quite juicy gossip, Gunn's Golden Rules is a fun and surprisingly moving glimpse into the life and times of Tim Gunn. I haven't purely enjoyed a book this much in a long while, and I came away from it with an even greater respect and admiration for Mr. Gunn than I had previously felt. Gunn's Golden Rules is also a clarion call for civility, thoughtfulness, and honest self examination that collectively and individually we seem to be sorely lacking at the moment. I encourage you to read it, and enjoy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gunn's Golden Rules.

09/03/2016 marked as: read