Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > My Soul to Take

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: for-review, from-publishers, ya-paranormal-romance
Read from January 04 to November 12, 2011

The Soul Screamers series is a series I’ve wanted to try for some time now mainly because I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. Admittedly, I did try the prequel a few years ago and didn’t really give it much of a chance but now, after reading My Soul to Take I’m more than excited to continue this series.

This story follows the life of Kaylee Cavanaugh, a young girl who lives with her aunt and uncle after the death of her mother. Kaylee isn’t like normal girls though. Sometimes she knows when a person is going to die because she has the urge to scream. She doesn’t know why this happens until she meets Nash Hudson, one of the hottest guys at her High School. Kaylee soon finds out that Nash knows things that can help her finally figure out what she is. Soon though, several girls drop dead within a few days apart and Kaylee and Nash go on a dangerous journey to try and solve the murders.

My Soul to Take was a completely unique story, one that I’ve never read anything about before. Bean Sidhe aka Banshee’s are from Irish Legends and I really enjoyed getting to know about a different legend which I thought was a refreshing story line. It kept me gripped all the way through and had so many different avenue’s the story could take but what Rachel did with this storyline was awesome. It was exciting, dangerous and a great page turner.

Our characters were fantastic and I really enjoyed Kaylee as a character. She became very realistic to me and I connected with her quite well. Through-out her struggles to contain her wail, she was actually very strong and determined. I love qualities like that in our heroine. Then there’s Nash; who wouldn’t love him? I immediately fell for him and I can totally see why Kaylee loves him. He was her rock through out this book and it even though Kaylee was strong enough on her own, it was nice that he could help her in ways you wouldn’t even expect. And also I can’t forget Tod. He was a bit of an odd one for me, I liked him and I didn’t like him…I’ve heard a few rumours about the next few books that involve Tod and that we get to see him in a different light, so I’ll look forward to that.

Overall, My Soul to Take was a great start to a refreshing series and I will look forward to seeing what will come next for our characters.

Thank you Mira for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Take.

01/04/2011 page 46
54.0% "I love Nash!"
11/12/2011 page 305
83.0% 3 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! The ones you got were the UK covers (I think I love their cover art best.)

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Me too. I just got the first four books to review so I'll crack into them soon. :)