Amanda 's Reviews > Magic Slays

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews

Oye.
When I started reading Magic Slays, I wasn't impressed. Then about halfway through the pace picked up and it was awesome.

The story started out slow; we are introduced to a handful of new characters that have long weird names that are all hard to pronounce. Evdokia Ivanovna, Ksenia, Grigorii Semionovich, Vasiliy Evgenievich. It got a little annoying trying to remember who's who and what purpose they served in the book. The storyline got away from me a few time throughout the begining of the book, but it came together in the end.

Kate and Curran were yet again hilarious. I love their relationship and Ilona Andrews definately carried on the same love/hate banter between the two. There were several laugh-out-loud moments in Magic Slays and the second half of the story was everything I expect in a Kate Daniels novel. I was great!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Slays.

06/02/2011 page 24

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sashana I feel the same way. I can't believe she ended the books with that note. I'm curious to see how Kate will manage not ordering Julie around. Sad that Raphael didn't appear though.

Amanda I was wondering if he was going to show up...Kate and Andrea mentioned him a few times, I thought for sure Raphael would make a presence.

Sashana I think they would make a nice spin off series (Andrea and Raph). I also think Julie and Derek would make a nice YA spin off.

Amanda There's so much left it's hard to imagine fitting it into only 2 more books.

Sashana I know! I hope they add more books *sends out a silent prayer* I for one want so see so much more. I even want to see Kate with a baby. It would be interesting to watch.