Kathy's Reviews > Killing Floor

Killing Floor by Lee Child

Nov 29, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, mystery
Read from November 15 to 29, 2010

This is my first book by Lee Child that I have read and am really happy that I finally gave him a try. A friend, who knew how much of a Stephen King fan I am recommended this to me. He said that "Uncle Stevie" was actually a big fan of Child's and has reviewed and recommended him several times. Now, how can I be steered wrong by that!

Jack Reacher is a retired military man, who is wrongly convicted of murder the second he enteres this town. And that happens in the first few pages! He helps the local police detective solve the case and I have to say that he is one of the most thorough, careful and thoughtful investigator I have ever encountered in my reading. The way he comes to conclusions and plans his next move is really something. And let's not to forget how cunning and dangerous he can be at the same time!

I will definitely be reading more Jack Reacher!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Floor.

11/15/2010 page 59
11/22/2010 page 228
53.0% 6 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Hi, Kathy!
I LOVE Lee Child, and the Jack Reacher character.

Kathy This is my first. A friend from work insisted that I read this. He said since I'm such a huge King fan, I have to read Lee Child, since King, himself....the man....is a fan! So, who can argue w/ logic like that? lol

message 3: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin I've only read one Reacher novel, entitled Bad Luck and Big Trouble, and absolutely loved his unique writing style. And Jack Reacher, of course! Btw, did you catch the references to Reacher in Under the Dome!?!

Kathy No, I didn't. I am just reading my first Reacher book now and hadn't even heard of him at that time. It went completely over my head. :\

message 5: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Oh, that's okay. There are probably a lot of SK fans to didn't catch the references, which take place during Barbie's conversations with Colonel Cox. Are you a member of the official Sai King website? If not, you should definitely check it out.

Kathy I am, but I haven't been on there for a bit. Shame on me! lol. I really need to check in. They email me, so thats cool. :)

message 7: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin You should get back on, IMO. What's your screen name?

Kathy Good question. lol. Trying to remember. Probably bookgoddess1969, cause thats what it is everywhere. lol