♥ Sarah ♥'s Reviews > Angels' Blood

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

2641924
Mar 24, 11

bookshelves: recommended, characters-angels, romance, characters-vampires, genre-urban-fantasy
Recommended to ♥ Sarah ♥ by: Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Read from March 21 to 24, 2011

Seriously loved this book! I was a little bit leery about it at first. I wasn't really thrilled about the novella prequel, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. But, I was very pleasantly surprised and I am thrilled to have this new series to read!

Elena is a Guild Hunter. A Guild Hunter is a person who hunts vampires gone bad. In this world vampires are created by angels and archangels so the angels essentially rule the world. When a vampire decides to be Made, they also sign a contract to serve an angel for 100 years. If the vampire runs from them or goes rogue, they hire a Guild Hunter to track them down. Now Elena is hired by the Archangel of the City, Raphael, to hunt down a rogue. However, this time, it's not a vampire gone rogue -- it's another archangel. Elena and Raphael also discover an undeniable, and very unlikely, attraction brewing between them. But does Raphael just want her to be another toy, or could this be something more?

First off, I really liked Elena. Sometimes I have trouble liking heroines if they're too gung-ho about being strong and independent. But, I thought Elena had a really good balance going on. I also thought that her and Raphael really complimented each other nicely. Now, Raphael can seem a little cold at times. But, that's in his nature, being an angel -- an archangel no less. But I thought that Singh did a really good job of gradually bringing out his humanity as the story went on and as Elena brought it out of him. It was done really well and I found myself really liking Raphael.

Overall, this was a great book. It had lots of action and I was constantly turning the page to see what would happen next. It also has a good amount of romance and I really enjoyed that part. I also cannot believe I'm saying this, but wings are sexy! Angels and wings aren't really one of my "buttons", but for some reason Raphael made them sexy and made me love them! So I can't wait for the next book so I can see what happens next! Thank you Annie and everyone else who loves this series for recommending it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Blood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Heya : ) How are you finding it, do you like it?

♥ Sarah ♥ So far I'm really liking it! I'm not too far yet, but I have a pretty good feeling about what's to come. ;)

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I am glad you like it : ) have you met Rapheal yet?

♥ Sarah ♥ Yes :D And even though he can be kind of a scary mo-fo at times...I'm already loving him. lol

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) He is scary, I didn't really warm to him that much, I liked him but I liked Elena more, I found him a bit too cold.

♥ Sarah ♥ Yeah, I can see what you're saying, but I thought she did a good job balancing the coldness that angels/archangels are known to posses, and the humanity that was gradually seeping through as his and Elena's relationship grew along the way.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Yeah, he does get better as he goes along, especially in the next book he doesn't seem quite so removed.

message 8: by Darkfallen (new) - added it

Darkfallen Sweet! Sounds good!