Ravyn's Reviews > Sacred Fate

Sacred Fate by Eressë

Dec 09, 10

bookshelves: all-mm-fiction, g-fantasy, t-magic-powers, t-mpreg, c-royalty-nobles, t-first-time, mm-favorites, re-read
Read on December 08, 2010

Ditto on pretty much everything Kassa says in her review.

Personally, I found this book to be fascinating and enjoyable to the extreme. In fact, I was so enamored of this tale that I dreamed about it last night in greedy anticipation of finishing it today. The main characters were compelling and immensely likable, the story was fast-paced and intriguing, and the fantasy world was satisfyingly complex - all of which left me wanting for more.

On the flip side, I'll say that I also felt all the same niggles Kassa describes, regarding the extreme density of information and names packed into this novel, and would have wished for a lengthier story so as to expand upon the myriad of people, places, and events introduced. Fortunately, it seems as if this is going to be a series, so I imagine future books will serve to fill in the blanks on some of the secondary characters and events mentioned in this first novel.

Bottom Line: Between the mpreg, the duel-sex culture, and the density of information, this book may not be for everyone. But personally speaking, I thought it was a great read with great potential, and I can't wait for any sequels to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacred Fate.

12/08/2010 page 65
38.0% "Oh my, I have got to go to sleep! But I just can't stop reading!!"