Patrick's Reviews > Be Ready When the Sh*t Goes Down

Be Ready When the Sh*t Goes Down by Forrest Griffin

Dec 06, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from November 14 to December 04, 2010

Another funny book from UFC fighter Forrest Griffin (again co-written with Erich Krauss), this time focusing on guiding the reader though surviving the end of the world. Like his previous book, "Got Fight?" it starts with a quiz on whether or not you are manly enough to even read it. Then he tells you how to prepare, such as what to put in your Go Bag, how to make a Vehicle of Death. Next comes his outline of various doomsday scenarios, including economic meltdown, asteroid, nuclear war, incurable viral pandemic, super-volcano, and less-likely situations like the Book of Revelations from the Bible and Norse mythology's Ragnarok (which includes "How to Kill a Supernatural Wolf." Then there are tips on surviving the initial shit-storm, like how to hotwire a car, siphon gas, catching a fish with your hands, milking a cow, people you should avoid (hippies, children), and a section on first aid. Later on the book loses steam when he writes about how to start your own post-apocalypse cult, but all in all it's a very informative and humorous book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Be Ready When the Sh*t Goes Down.

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Even in the Apocalypse, our curse words will be censored. FUUUUUCCCCKKK

Patrick but when it happens and our driver's licenses are obsolete, i can change my name to Fuck F. Fuck III.

Patrick that will be a great day.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Am I gonna have to call you "Mister Fuck"?

Patrick you already call me that now. in the madmax future you can just call me "triple f."