Michelle Madow's Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Nov 23, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, paranormal, vampires
Read on November 23, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Just like the rest of the series, I loved this book. Vampire Academy is amazing! I'm not sure if I want Rose with Adrian or cured-Dimitri (if it's possible to cure him). Seeing Dimitri as a Strigoi ... well, let's just say that I'm not a full-out Dimitri supporter anymore. He was horrible to Rose. I was sort of hoping that even as a Strigoi his love for Rose would shine through, but it didn't. This was sad, but I like how the author stuck with the whole Strigoi-not-having-souls thing and didn't make Dimitri an exception because of his love for Rose. There was one part when Dimitri said how he loved drinking from his victims and feeling the life drain out of them that made it clear that he had truly gone to the Dark Side. It made me sad to read (in a good, emotion evoking way!)

But it still leaves the question .... Adrian or Dimitri? I feel bad for Adrian; he deserves more of a chance than Rose will be able to give him now that she knows Dimitri is still alive (in the undead sense of the word). She'll never be able to devote her heart to him, and Adrian should be with someone who can love him wholeheartedly. But I do believe that Rose and Dimitri are soulmates,so I hope un-turning/un-awakening Dimitri works out in the end :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.