Sarah's Reviews > Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Twilight

Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Brad Meltzer

Nov 20, 10

bookshelves: buffyverse, graphic-novels
Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Wow. This was...interesting. To say the least. I don't think too many people can say they honestly F&%^$# their way into creating another universe. But you know, Buffy has always been special that way.

So, let me see if I can sum this up, because I think I have the story outlined thus far:
*Zander is now with Dawn. Buffy has came to terms with it. Willow had an "thank goddess they finally realized they were in love with each other" moment

*Twilight had launched an all-out military war against the Slayers, who had given up all their magics to stop the same from following them. The war was not going well. Then they called up three very large primordial goddess up to kick ass. They didn't really stop to think if the said goddess would listen to anyone.

*Riley was serving as a double agent in Twilight to help the slayers.

*Oh, by the way, this was all happening in Nepal. With Oz and his wife and baby. Cuz Oz rocks it.

*Powers came back to everyone. Somehow. Buffy ended up with superpowers. Well, super super strength and speed and...she can fly. Dude. And so, her and Willow kicked the goddesses back underground.

*Eventually, Buffy figured out that she was not gaining superpowers as much as she was gaining the powers of all the dead Slayers. Minor freakout.

*Then she got in a fight with the major player of Twilight. Who was....

**drumroll*

*Angel

*Who was doing this all - starting a worldwide war against all the slayers so that Buffy could gain superpowers because if she reached supernovaSlayer level then somehow the two of them could create a Twilight/new world era of their own. (See Twilight is a heaven type place!)

*Which they proceeded to do. By having sex. By flying. Through a mountain. And causing major weather pattern disruptions. And earthquakes.

*But when they created their twilight, they created hell in their reality by allowing *all* the demons to come through.

*Buffy was a little pissed Angel left that part out. So she went back to kick demon ass. Angel went with her.

*In the middle of the battle, Spike showed up to save the day.

And so, vol 7 ended. You bastards! Right when Spike showed up!

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman Thank you so much for not holding back...and even though I didn't know anything past the (television) episode when the energy beneath the school was released and blew up everything, with a big crater where school had been...in short, everything in comic-book land was new to me, I don't care...I will still read it anyway, because I am still a fan (after all these years).

Sarah Aw thanks. There have been many detractors of season 8, but some of the stories lines have been quite fun.

Carol wrote: "Thank you so much for not holding back...and even though I didn't know anything past the (television) episode when the energy beneath the school was released and blew up everything, with a big crat..."