Chelly's Reviews > The Gathering

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

Aug 01, 11

bookshelves: kelley-armstrong

** spoiler alert ** I won an advanced readers copy of this so I already finished it, but this one is another one I haven't decided on yet and that's because while there are definate differnces between this book and the darkest powers series, I feel like a lot of the main points are the same...the supernatural teens with no knowledge of their powers and therefore likely being experimented on was a given...but supernatural guy tells you what you are and helps guide you into it...mean girl turn nice girl turn mean girl again...very obvious love triange in the making...i dont know...differneces too...and I do like the story- i think i was just expecting a little more. I do like that the characters are going to cross over-really excited for that. It's cool that so far we only know what Maya and Rafe are but not Daniel, Sam, etc. We don't know who is a supernatural or not, how much her parents know, the deal with Serena....there's room for A LOT of speculation...which is different from DP because after book 1, they had already escaped for the first time, and in this one, they don't even know there's a need to escape yet, so it's good...looking forward to the next one.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gathering.

Quotes Chelly Liked

Kelley Armstrong
“Yes you're getting your tattoo." I threw my arms around Dad's neck. "Thank you!" "Hey," Mom said. "I'm the one who had to persuade him it wasn't turning his little girl into a streetwalker." "I never said that," Dad said. "No?" I said. "Cool. Cause I've decided to skip the paw print. I'm thinking of a tramp stamp with flames that says 'Hot in Here.' No wait. Arrows. For directionally challenged guys”
Kelley Armstrong, The Gathering

Kelley Armstrong
“This is so cool," I said loudly as Dad walked away. "Have you met the tattoo artist? Is he hot?" "He's a she," Mom said. "Is she hot? Cause I'm still young, you know. My sexual identity isnt fully formed." "Your father can't hear you anymore, Maya." Mom sighed.”
Kelley Armstrong, The Gathering

Aine This trilogy and Darkest Powers are more or less in the same series. There are different sets of kids for the different experiments. But Kelley said that Chloe and gang will meet with Maya's group eventually.

message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie your profile picture! where did it come from?!

Chelly Kelley armstrong has a link on the darkest powers website for fan art... I think I got it from there