Hannah-Linn's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Oct 08, 11

bookshelves: angels
Read in October, 2011

I LOOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE these books. I literally cannot live without them. I have an obsession. Do you have any idea how long I waited for this book??? You probably waited for it just as long as me, but still. SINCE LAST NOVEMBER.

The very day it came out, I shot out of bed at 5:30 in the morning and the first thing I said was "SILENCE COMES OUT TODAY. THE THIRD HUSH HUSH BOOK COMES OUT TODAY!!!!!!!" So I rolled out of bed faster than the speed of light and ran to my laptop, where...my computer promptly froze. You see, I don't have wifi because I am a primal cavewoman and I have to use my laptop to download books onto my kindle!! Plus my laptop is stupid. Once my computer un-froze, I downloaded that beautiful book onto my kindle and took a minute to raise it to the heavens and pump my fist in triumph, and when I brought it back to me, I clicked on the very beautiful book and read the very first sentence....and then it was time to get ready for school.

I really just want to start with the cover. It's gorgeous!! It's absolutely perfect. I hate how when you're reading some books, the cover doesn't really go along with the previous books, or if the cover doesn't match the story. But this does!!

I love it. It's sexy. It's dramatic. It's romantic. It's dark. Angelic. Just plain beautiful.

Just like the story!!! I find sometimes when I have to wait an extended period of time for a book to come out, that the book isn't as exciting to me than it initially was when I read the first books. That I'm disconnected from whatever made me love to book in the first place. I hate that feeling, and with this beautiful book I was glad not to have it. It was just as good as I remember the first two books being.

So, Nora was held captive by you-know-who for a very long time, and when she's finally given back, she can't remember anything. Nothing. She doesn't remember Patch or anything at all that happened between them or that happened since she met him. So, what does Nora do? I guess what anyone would do, she tries to regain her memory. She gets all re-mixed up in everything just likes she's brand new to the world again. Because when your memory is as sketchy as hers was, too many holes in what everyone was telling her, wouldn't you be trying to figure out why you were kidnapped? Who did it? Why they did it? Where the hell the three or four people that dissapeared into thin air are? I know I would.

Ok, so when I first started the book, I do have to admit that I was a little skeptical. Because I read the first couple chapters, and I thought that I was totally be going to be a palm-to-the-face type story because I would be sitting there getting all annoyed because she can't remember anything. I mean, what's going to happen when the reader knows more about the mystery than the narrator does??
But as I read, I was pleasantly surprised when, as I read, new things were being revealed. Thing that Nora didn't even know before. There were a few things, however, that I was a little confused by. It never stated that she has an epiphany or whatever and suddenly regains her memory, but I think there are a few things that I didn't know she remembered that she....suddenly seemed too. So as she's explaining something I'm just like "Oh! she remembers that! Cool..."

Ok, so also, when I read what was going on in the beginning I totally though there wasn't going to be enough Patch in this book. BUT FEAR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's plenty of Patch in this book. Sexy, sexy Patch. Do you know that he's like one of my very favorite guy characters ever in a young adult book?? One of the sexiest ever, and he's pretty far up there on my list.
So, you know, just because Nora can't remember who Patch is doesn't mean that he's not actually in the book. He is.

I read this book in about two days. In the summer It would've been like five hours, but I have school now :P And then I spent a day or two re-reading it.

Overall, you don't even have to guess how much I love this book. This book it pretty much my life :D I missed Patch and Nora!! And I got them for....two day? Yeah...*sigh* that's my life.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

Quotes Hannah-Linn Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Angel... I don't think you understand the lengths I would go to if it means keeping you here with me.'

-Patch (PG 262)”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I don’t like the idea of dragging you into something
that could get messy fast. If you need one more reason, I love you. This is uncharted territory for me,
but I need to know that at the end of the night, I have you to come home to.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Since we're keeping it primal, you smell good," he observed.

"It's called a shower...," I began automatically, then trailed off. My memory snagged, taken aback by a compelling and forceful sense of undue familiarity. "Soap, shampoo, hot water," I added, almost as an afterthought.

"Naked. I know the drill," Jev said, something unreadeble passing over his eyes.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Loik Kessler Oh my, this could be my review. Thats how similar my reactions and feelings towards the book are to yours. Can`t wait for the 4th book to come out.. which will only be in fall 2012. -__-

Hannah-Linn *monumentaly large sigh that is the the most epically dramatic sigh you will ever hear in your life* Yep.

Another year of waiting. I'll tell you, waiting for books is like waiting for grass to grow. And when you finally get them, you have them for like a week at the most before you have to keep re-reading because the next book isn't out yet!!

It's worth the wait most of the time though :)