Wahaibulan's Reviews > Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

U_50x66
Nov 14, 10

Read in January, 2007

I really don't like this story! It's boring because I can hardly understand the story as the version of the book that I read was an old version. The front cover is not attractive at all, the font size is small and the colour of the pages is yellow-so ancient! The plot of the story is also complicated. It's about love, wealth, revenge, etc. And i just couldn't bear with the archaic language, it demotivates me to keep reading the story, I was like asking to myself "Why do I need to read this book?". I had to read this book for my English studies class, if it is not because of this class I wouldn't have read this book. I don't remember whether I've finished reading it until the end. I kept reading the synopsis, I watched the movie version of the story and took note during the classroom discussion to help me understand the whole story. When I've understood the whole story then only I realized that the plot of the story is interesting. It requires you to be able to interpret implicit meanings as the language used is complicated with incomprehensible literary devices full of metaphors, symbolism that make the story unintenlligible to me (as I'm not a literature person, am not good at interpreting implict meanings).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Heights.