Sherri Hunter's Reviews > Infinity

Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Apr 25, 2011

bookshelves: teen-young-adult, urban-fantasy
Read from April 14 to 23, 2011

I have been a fan of the Dark-Hunters ever since I met Kyrian Hunter so many years ago. I’ve always liked Nick and even though I only knew him as Kyrian’s Squire, there was potential there for him to be so much more and I wasn’t disappointed. With this series, we now get to meet Nick when he was just a kid before he got involved with the Dark-Hunters, before he even knew vampires, demons and shape shifters existed. Sherrilyn Kenyon has created a fantastic reality with the Dark-Hunters that draws the reader into this world wide eyed with astonishment but also keeps the reader entertained with the range of different types of characters and their personalities. Nick is sarcastic and smart-mouthed, but has a softer vulnerable side. Even though he gets dragged into some messy situations, he has good intentions. Even knowing what happens to him, (you have to read the Dark-Hunter series to understand some of this book) I can’t help but think that this series is going to play a pivotal role in Nick’s fate.

Fans of the Dark-Hunter series will be pleased to see the appearance of some of their favorite characters such as Kyrian, Acheron, Simi and Tabitha Devereaux. This series has introduced some new characters too, my favorite is Bubba. He kills zombies and owns a gun store and plays a major role in this story helping Nick figure out why his fellow classmates are turning into zombies. He’s hilarious and provides some fantastic redneck comic relief.

I highly recommend this series for all the Dark-Hunter fans who want to know more about Nick’s background. If you haven’t read the Dark-Hunter books yet, I recommend you start with them first as this series may be a little confusing otherwise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinity.