Cat Russell (Addicted2Heroines)'s Reviews > My Fair Succubi

My Fair Succubi by Jill Myles

Dec 26, 10

bookshelves: favorites, highly-recommend
Read from December 23 to 25, 2010

Absolute best of the series so far!

I have to say that the sex was incredibly hot. Noah and Jackie in a prison cell ... enough said ;) There was a lot of fighting over Jackie and a very important someone leaves and I hope that he is not gone for good :(

There were definitely quite a few things that I have complaints about, but I'm going to save myself some time and only point out what bothered me the most.

I'm guessing the vampire queen hasn't held her position for so long based solely on her cunning intellect? Why does she continue to trust important tasks to someone who is lacking in the necessary skills or knowledge to make sure that task is complete? Also, I'm a little confused about the "deals" she makes. If I were to approach you on the street and say to you, "Do this task for me, or you die!", would you walk away from our interaction feeling like we made a deal? No? Well, apparently that's how the vampire queen operates. It just doesn't make any sense, just like it didn't make sense when she did it in the first book.

If she can rid herself of the big inconvenience that is Jackie Brighton with a flick of her nail, why wouldn't she just do so? I suppose there wouldn't be much of a story then, but I'm sure you understand the point I am trying to make ;)

There is also Ethan, the big boy scout. The idea of him in the beginning had promise and then he became a little annoying. The eye flashes from performing good deeds was silly, calling Jackie by her full name every time he spoke was irritating, and the remainder of the time he was thrown around ... repeatedly.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who will read this and love him, but I'm not one of them.

Overall, this book was really good as far as this series goes. I hope I don't have to wait a year for the next one to come out :(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Succubi.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

☆ јⓐⓓε ☆  I'm so jelous of you right now...