Linda's Reviews > Runaway

Runaway by Meg Cabot

Nov 13, 10

** spoiler alert ** Runaway is third and last book of the Airhead series by Meg Cabot. This series was about how Emerson Watts, a normal teenage girl, who got killed in a tragic accident. When she died, Nikki Howards, a supermodel, also dies in the same room, at the same time. When Emerson dies, they had to perform a surgery that put her brain into Nikki's body. It was the only way that Em could survive. Nikki was considered braindead already. In Runaway, Em has to worry about Robert Stark, the man who killed her, not killing the important people in her life. She has to worry about that because he might them if he tells the whole world about his secret. His secret is that he has been killing and performing the brain surgery for years. The surgery is actually illegal and the whole world doesn't know what he is doing. When he performs these surgeries, he murders innocent people so they become his "donors".
I LOVED this book and its series. It was an amazing book. It had romance, comedy and even a little bit of science/technology. You don't get that in many books, do you? But in this one you do, and it'll probably keep you turning the page every second. My favorite part of this book was seeing Em's relationship with everyone. I loved her relationship with Steven, her (Nikki's older brother, but since she's Nikki, "her" older brother. Confusing? @_@ ) older brother. I always wanted an older brother like him. In the book, he listens to Em and asks her if she needs him to beat someone up when he saw that she was sad. He was the perfect older brother. I loved her relationship with Christopher too! Christopher is Em's boyfriend who she's known for a LONG,LONG time but has recently became her boyfriend. In the book, he seems very stubborn but he's very romantic. He "swoops" in and comes to rescue Em when she's stuck in a house with paparazzi everywhere. In the end of the book, he also gives her a bracelet that said "Em Watts" because he knew that she was still having a hard time being Nikki Howards. It was SOOO sweet.
So in conclusion, this book was fabulous. Six out of five stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Runaway.